Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Projects

I certainly can't say we wasted the summer, or that we just played. We had several projects going on at the same time. My brother-in-law's brother was in town around July 4th. He's a painter and we had been wanting him to quote painting just our trim and shutters. It turned out to be alot less expensive than we thought, so we went ahead and had it done. We love the difference it has made. The previous color was a teal. I love the house but can't say I loved the teal. Here's the before............

And the after....................


We also decided to lay laminate flooring on our own. We knew it would be a challenge, but it wasn't that bad once we got going. Here is our living room before we pulled the carpet up...


Here's my man working on the hardest part, which was pulling up a small area of hardwood that was in the entry. It was glued down and very difficult to pull up.


And here are some after pictures. We still aren't quite done, but we feel almost done, anyways.



I don't have pictures of our biggest project, yet, but we also screened in the back porch. We have a triple deck in the back and I had a fear of one of the kids falling over. We had a metal roof put on, then did most of the other work ourselves. My mom's husband, Ed, helped us install electricity on the porch.
Well, I do have a few pictures of some baby birds enjoying the new porch. Their parents made a nest while we were building it. We decided to wait to put the door on until the babies hatched and flew away. This is the day the babies first flew out. It didn't take them anytime to learn to fly.
We enjoy sitting out on the porch in the rain!!




1 comment:

Beth said...

House looks great! I'm impressed you did the laminate flooring yourselves. Hope you're all doing well.